Call to Action
Poor municipal tax legislation like subHB5 will hurt communities across Ohio unless municipal leaders unite against it. Help us oppose subHB5 and harmful tax legislation like it by generating an impact analysis, passing a resolution in opposition to HB 5, and by officially joining our coalition. We also encourage city and village leaders to contact their State Representatives and State Senators, and inform them as to how harmful tax legislation will affect their communities. Listed below are more suggestions as to how to get involved in the fight against subHB5.
Together, we can stop detrimental municipal tax legislation from draining Ohio’s cities and villages of revenue, obliterating home rule, and impeding on a community’s ability to provide its citizens with vital municipal services.
- Contact us for help with your impact analysis
- Contact your local media or submit a letter to the editor in your local paper
- Talk with your local Chamber of Commerce and express your concerns
- Talk with local CPAs and associations to express your concerns
- Talk with your local employers who are multijurisdictional filers
- Be a resource for other financial officers and help them prepare their analysis
Click here to submit your resolution opposing subHB5 and your subHB5 impact analysis to Ohio United.